Saturday, December 23, 2023

Wish You a Gentle One

 


Every year, I take the same picture, with the same dog, with the same small Christmas tree and decorations. As usual, he just rolls his eyes, gets bored, and sleeps. Me, bored? No. I wish I could do this next year, the next, and the next…

This is my last post for this year. 2023 has been a good year for me. In book sales? No! Haha! You, funny, you. I just want to say as long as my loved ones are still with me, it is a good year. Everything else is a bonus.

The holiday season is usually associated with happiness, festivity, and reunions, but for some, the holiday season is the worst and saddest time of the year for many reasons. I wish you all the strength, support, and motivation to go on and that you always find something meaningful and a purpose. We never know the struggles behind everyone, so I hope everyone can be decent to others. And when you are in the queue, irritated by the crowd and frustrated by the slow processing of lines, trying to get your Christmas or regular shopping, remember the retail staff have to hear those jiggling songs in repeats probably for months, and they are probably hours since their last toilet break.

Be safe! Thank you for being here, always.

I’ll be back bugging you next year.