Tuesday, February 13, 2024

REVIEW: Darklands Paranormal (Marco Santucci)

 


This is the second book of the paranormal investigation series by Marco Santucci and also the second book in this genre that I have ever read. Unlike the first book, which feels much more personal, this one follows Marco and his partner, Scott and their visits and investigations to various places, with stories of their encounters with other beings. Scott has a knack for snapping pictures of them, while Marco has his recordings. There are QR codes throughout the book that readers can scan to hear the audio. I didn’t scan any of those simply because I prefer not to listen to them personally, but I think those are exciting and awesome additions.


While undoubtedly there are many intriguing and chilling scenes, I prefer the first book because it feels much more personal. The feel, the emotion, and the experience are raw and intimate. This book feels more like narration or a collection of short tales, mainly because it’s jumpy from scene to scene. While it’s not easy for me to enjoy it as a book, it’s reasonable because of the nature of the investigations, and even though I wish for more answers, it’s understandable too that many events are left to the imagination and our own analysis. I learn more about the other side from the first book.

While there are many opportunity setbacks, there are also many opportunities for the team to develop and share their hard work with the world. The book's last quarter is the most enjoyable to read as I follow their most exciting finds and imagine the thrill of walking through the trails. I admire their passion and dedication and wish them all the best. This book is definitely a precious find for paranormal fans out there.

4 out of 5 stars