Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Bilaluna (Ann Birdgenaw)

 


I am a fan of astronomy, and I love nature. This book has both!

We follow the journey from Matt's point of view, and in the middle of the book, it switches to Celeste's. I think it works well, and I like them both, especially Celeste's, since she has some familiar traits like mine. I also had something similar to worry stone, although, thankfully, I didn't need it for long.

Even though this is the second book, readers miss nothing because we briefly learn about what happened in the first book soon enough. I love the space club name, by the way. It must be great to have a 'space' space, mine was a folder with all the space-related clippings, but I loved it all the same.

Along the way, readers are able to learn about many things without them being too obvious because they are worked into the story, which is excellent. Kids will love this book because every one of us, even when we have grown up, dreams about having extraordinary abilities and adventures.

Another thing: I love puns and let my online English-speaker friends groan when I make them. It's much better than puns in my own language, so they have to suffer, and I'm proud of them. Ha.  

Overall, this is a great book for its target readers. It has excitement and adventure. The chapters are short and easy to read. It's educative, and the characters are believable and likable. I like the creative acronyms.


5 Noble Tripods out of 5 Butts of the Solar System


View all my Goodreads reviews