Monday, March 14, 2022

REVIEW: A Feast for Crows (Georger R.R. Martin)

 



To many others, this is their least favorite book in the series; I have seen people rate it that way. But to me, it's actually my top two, if not my number one.

I love the Lannisters, yes, many find them despicable, and yes, they are that, but they are also very fascinating.

I will write about other houses, but since book 4 is primarily told by Lannister's POV, this review will be mainly about them. I like being inside the head of Cersei and Jamie. Jamie is a character that surprises me the most in the series (I refuse to talk about him in the TV Series). For the first three books, I always regarded him as this mysterious, terrifying character, and I paid attention to him, even when he was only in the background. I just had the feeling that this guy is someone to watch about, and not in a good way.

So when were are finally allowed to be in his head, I am fascinated. The concept of a three-dimensional villain is not really a thing that was familiar to me around the time I read The Feast of Crow, especially because it's so rich and believable. I also embrace the way Cersei thinks and find myself agreeing with her more often than not, not sure what it says about me.

As mentioned, Lannisters are interesting people. There is one thing I really like about them, they are the kind of enemy that will stab you, but you know too well that they will stab you because they don't hide it behind pretense, sweet demeanor, and smiles the way Tyrells are. I love to hate them, and they are my favorite chapters. My top three favorite chapters/characters: Jamie, Cersei, Tyrion.

The shock values that this series offer, there is nothing more surprising to me than the one in the first book (if you read this, you know what it is) and the one at the end of this book. I remember being in the bathroom, and screaming, WHAT NOW!

Well, it was a torturing time. I didn't know anyone who read the book back then, there was no one to share, so I just frantically waved the book around to the suspicious stare of my family member. But I'm glad I read them so long ago, without being influenced by the popularity and the TV show's audience, which is honestly kind of ruining many aspects for me.


Rating: 5 Smallclothes out of 5 Chamberpots




.