Monday, March 14, 2022

REVIEW: A Clash of Kings (George R.R. Martin)


This is my least favorite book from the series, I remember struggling a lot to keep my interest.

The reason is that there are so many new characters that I haven't cared about yet, but the readers were brought on a long journey with them. My personal experience is with Theon, to me, the lengthy introduction about the character and place had brought me into pages and pages of reading experience where my mind hardly retained many things. One of the factors could be because Theon is not the character that I am really interested in, I don't relate with him, I can't say I agree with the way he is thinking and carrying himself at all, the same thing with almost everyone in the Pyke. I would be interested more in his uncle's storyline, but that would be in other books.

Book two is also the collective of other mind-numbing journeys for other characters. Daenerys in Qarth is forever unbearable to me, so is Jon with the questionable quest with the wilding. I find the wildings much more interesting than Jon Snow, but then again, to me, almost everyone is more interesting than Jon Snow, well, besides other Starks.

However, having said all this, this book is still entertaining, it would never survive on its own, and it's never meant to be anyway.


Rating: 4 Ironmen out of 5 Horseridings



.
.