Monday, March 14, 2022

REVIEW: A Storm of Swords (George R.R. Martin)



This is my second favorite book in the series, after The Feast of Crows. To be fair, it's interchangeable, but if I had to choose, I would choose The Feast of Crows.

This is the time when the readers are hooked, after getting familiar with the world and plentiful of characters, and it's the time when everything has come together in chaotic conflicts where everyone is scattered and miserable with their own problems. This is also the book when one of the most infamous events occurs.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the said event, it didn't affect me the way it affects others, and I actually predicted the end of the book, if I remember correctly, the one in the epilogue. It took away a lot of impact for me, and I was not that impressed in the first place.

But what I love about the book, as mentioned earlier, is the time when all shit has hit the fan, in the ways that I could finally able to follow comfortably. It's also the book when we eventually left some torturing adventures (more on those on book two's review).

I enjoy the Tyrion chapter a lot, and even though they are both my least favorite characters, the switching of Arya and Catelyn's point of view is a masterpiece of storytelling.

Rating: 5 Chainmail suits of 5 Redweddings




.